I have written over 700 articles. They are written to assist you, Respected Reader, to have more “success” in your life - to be the best version of yourself. Certain mentalities and competences are needed to achieve this goal. It helps to be mentally strong to forge ahead creating a path to “success.”
Amy Morin has written an informative article along this line, titled “5 Ways Mentally Strong People Set Themselves Up for Success.” These will follow, along with my commentary. Ms. Morin states that, “mentally strong people appear to go through life with relative ease. They rebound from failure, overcome hardships, and look challenges square in the eye … .”
- THEY FOCUS ON DAILY OBJECTIVES: Mentally tough people succeed at reaching their long term goals by focusing on their short term objectives. They understand the process needed to reach the long term goal and realize that day to day short term steps are necessary.
- THEY MAKE IT HARDER TO GIVE INTO TEMPTATIONS: Mentally tough people recognize what their temptations are — those people, situations, or things that can detour or sabotage the desired goal. Thus, they remove, detach from, that which deters them from a full focus on the goal and the steps necessary to reach it.
- THEY MAKE IT EASIER TO ENGAGE IN HEALTHY HABITS: Mentally tough people know that ambition and energy wax and wane. So they find simple strategies that will give them that extra push that they may need to stay on the road to success.
- THEY TRACK THEIR PROGRESS: Being accountable and being aware of what stage they are in toward goal reaching is important. “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will take you there!”
- THEY PLAN FOR OBSTACLES: Mentally tough people know that the path to success is a rocky road. Thus, they think ahead toward the challenges they are likely to face and they create plans for overcoming them. They are pro-active in designing their success plan.
Well, Respected Reader, how “mentally strong” are you? Could be more so? Hopefully, these tips will resonate with you and help you build these skills, or at least help you maintain your winning successful ways!