With the coronavirus upon us, this is the time we will find the real value in our home.
Spending more time in our home may be a blessing. This will be the time to take a good look at the beauty that you saw in this home when you first fell in love with it the day you made the purchase. Yes, like everything, it got a little older and this may be the time to give it a little facelifting. After all, staying at home for this short time, can be fun.
- Give your home a real uplift with a splash of bright color to a couple of walls.
- Try a new window treatment. Not heavy. A great idea for in your bathroom is putting up a decorative rod. Pick a color that will coordinate with your bath. Buy a roll of satin ribbon, and a roll of sheer. Stager them in short & long lengths and thread them on the curtain rod. Saw this and it is easy and so attractive.
- Create a calming place in your home. Create a reading nook, a home-spa bathroom. Use soft muted colors.
- Bring nature inside your home. Buy fresh plants. Take down your heavy window treatments and bring in the light.
- Humans are pro-social beings. If you have a family room, make it a fun place to gather. Have a card table with games on display.
- If your kitchen is a little dated, changing your island countertop, and adding new barstools would give it a whole new look. If you have pendant lights above the island, change the lights or if you don’t want to invest in new lights change the shades. A bright color on the doors under the counter will really give it a pop.
- New area rugs, pictures and accessories will give your home a refreshing look.
- The power of scent is always pleasant to the senses. Scented candles will bring ambiance and a calming mood.
- Fill your home with memories. Filling your homes with pictures and keepsakes given to you by your loved ones. Being surrounded by these gifts bring us a sense of fulfillment.
Please enjoy a little prayer that I keep on my vanity and read every morning.
I AM GOD.
Today I will be handling all your problems. Please remember, I do not need your help. Put your problems in the (SFJTD) Something for Jesus to Do box. After you put it in the box, DO NOT hold on to it. Holding on or removal will delay the resolution of your problem. It will be addressed in My time, not yours. If it is a situation you think you are capable of handling, please consult me in prayer to be sure it is the proper resolution. Because I do not sleep nor do I slumber, there is no need to lose any sleep. Rest my child. If you need to contact me, I am only a prayer away. With all my Love GOD!
This prayer brings me comfort and I hope it will bring you comfort during this trying time.
Thought for the day: Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. Oprah Winfrey